This privacy statement (“Policy”) explains how personal and business data acquired by www.sustainabilitykiosk.com (“Site”) and any of its related features and services (collectively, the “Services”) is used, safeguarded, and collected. The choices you have regarding how we use your personal information is also explained, along with information on how to view and modify it. Buyers and Suppliers may both be Users of the Services (collectively, “Users”). These terms are individually defined in our respective terms of service (collectively, “Terms”). You (“User,” “you,” or “your”) and Sustainability Kiosk are parties to a legally enforceable agreement known as this Policy (“Operator”, “we”, “us” or “our”). You acknowledge that you have read, comprehend, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy by accessing and using the Site and Services. This Policy does not apply to the actions of entities we do not own, manage, or control, or to persons we do not employ or manage.
Please read our Terms & Conditions, which control how you may use the Services. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by both this Policy and the Terms, which are incorporated herein by reference and formed a part of this Policy.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time in order to keep it up to date and compliant with legal requirements.
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this Policy, our privacy practices, or any other issue involving individual rights and your User Information.
To improve the services we offer to all of our Users, we gather data, including personal and business information. Any information that can be used to uniquely identify you is referred to by us as “Personal Information.” As well, we gather data on businesses. We use the phrase “Business Information” to refer to any details, pricing, items, or services that may be offered by a Supplier for the Buyer to review on the Site. This information relates to the firm or business you work for.
How do we collect User Information?
Information You Provide Us
When you create an account on the site, subscribe to our services, leave us feedback, or get in touch with us, we receive and store any Personal Information you knowingly give us.
Personal Information includes the following:
- Identity Data includes your first name and last name;
- Contact Data includes your telephone number and your email address;
- Account Data includes your job title and role, your username and password.
Any business information you willingly give us when you create a user account, when a supplier creates a supplier profile, or when you fill out any online forms on the site is received and stored by us. The following is a list of business information:
- The name and address of the company you work for;
- Information about the company including the products and/or services provided by the company you work for.
- Work related emails.
- Information required to fill a ‘Request for Information’ (RFI) form sent by a Buyer through the Site; and
- Information required to fill a ‘Request for Proposal’ (RFP) form sent by the Buyer through the Site.
Automatic collection of information
Every time you access or interact with the Service, we and our third-party service providers may automatically collect certain information from you. This data could include, among other things, the browser and operating system you’re using, the URL that directed you to the Service, the search terms you used to find the Service, the areas within the Service that you visited, the links you clicked, the pages or content you viewed and for how long, the RFI’s and RFP’s sent by Buyers to Suppliers, and other similar data and statistics about your interactions such as content response times, download failures, and duration of visits to specific pages, additional data that is frequently exchanged when browsers interact with websites, This automatically gathered log data may be combined with other data we have about you. We do this to enhance the services we provide to you and to enhance site functioning, marketing, and analytics.
Information Received from Third Parties
You may register to join the Services by creating a User Account using your User Information.
Suppliers have the option to build a profile, which contains details about you as a Supplier, Business Information, screenshots, examples of your company’s goods and services, data on work that has already been done through the Services and outside of the Services, and other details. All users of the site with accounts may be able to see the information in your profile.
Messaging and Communications
Through the Services, suppliers and buyers may communicate with one another. For instance, buyers may want to talk about their requirements and the supplier’s suggestions. If you contact with a Buyer or Supplier, that Buyer or Supplier will also be a “data controller” with regard to those communications. Users can also get in touch with our team, who may utilize your User Information to reply to your questions, comments, and feedback and to provide you with the necessary assistance to meet your needs and fulfill your requests.
Financial Information and Payments
We do not collect any financial information from Buyers because there shall be no financial transaction between Supplier and Buyer through the Site or the Services. For purchases of goods and/or services beyond the scope of the Site and Services, Buyers must pay Suppliers directly. We are not responsible for any transactions or information exchanges, including those involving financial information about Buyers.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR USER INFORMATION FOR?
In order to make the Site and Services available to you, or to meet a legal obligation, we need to collect and use the User Information. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested Services.
We use the User Information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- Provide you with the Site and Services;
- To market relevant Sustainability Kiosk Services (e.g., Product/Supplier alerts,) (by print DMs, eDMs, telemarketing calls, SMS or other platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn or through third party agencies;
- Create and manage User Accounts;
- Create and manage Supplier Profiles;
- Identify you as a User in our system and maintain a record of your transactions and interactions through the Site;
- Send administrative information;
- Respond to inquiries, comments and questions to give you appropriate support to fulfil your needs and requests
- Request User feedback;
- Improve User experience;
- Create contact lists for surveys and similar market research activities;
- Our technical support team may use your User Information to (i) facilitate internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our Site and Services and improve your User experience, including providing more relevant customized content to you; and (ii) detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect your rights and property as well as ours; and
- Use the data for purposes associated with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Note that we may process your User Information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your User Information
We may gather certain non-personally identifiable information about how you use the Site and Services, including, without limitation, statistics regarding how the Site and Services are used, performance metrics for the Site and Services, and configuration settings (“Data”). We may use this Data to spot patterns and assist us make improvements to the Services. If we do collect any data, it will be our sole property, and we are free to use it for any authorized business purpose without having to answer to you, so long as it is only used in an aggregated form and not in a way that would allow us to identify you or the organization you work for.
Business Information of (a) Buyers will be accessible to Suppliers and (b) Suppliers will be accessible to Buyers, to allow Buyers and Suppliers to interact with each other and use the Services.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
With your permission, we may share your information with reputable third parties who work with us, any other affiliates and subsidiaries we rely on to help run the Site and the Services available to you, as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested, or as necessary to provide the requested Services. We never divulge User Information to unconnected third parties. Your User Information may not be used or disclosed by these service providers unless as required t o carry out tasks for us or to satisfy legal obligations. Only third parties whose privacy policies are in line with ours or who agree to follow our rules regarding user information are eligible to receive your user information from us for these purposes. We only send these third parties the User Information they require to carry out their specific tasks; we do not authorize them to use or disclose User Information for their own marketing or other purposes.
We will disclose any User Information we collect, use, or receive if required or permitted by law, data protection authorities, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement agencies, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we reasonably believe that disclosure is required to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a government request.
In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of the Sustainability Kiosk business, assets, or stock, we may divulge or transfer your data to a third party (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
How Long Do We Keep Your User Information?
We may retain your User Information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collection. For example, we keep your User Information for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our programs and Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your User Information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. When your personal information is no longer required, we will ensure it is either securely deleted or stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by the business.
In some circumstances, we may retain your User Information even after your business relationship with us ends if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. Under normal circumstances this should not exceed 6 years from the date of the last engagement with you.
In accordance with your preferences, and with your permission or because it is in our legitimate interest, we may use User Information to send you direct marketing messages about our site services, including our most recent announcements and forthcoming events and services. Emails, SMS messages, calls, and targeted web advertisements are some examples of this. In accordance with the information we have about you, we keep the amount of direct marketing to a reasonable proportion and only send you communications that we believe will be interesting and relevant to you.
You have choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, SMS, or printed materials, you may opt out by following the instructions in any such emails, SMS or printed materials you receive from us.
We tailor the content, offers, and advertisements you see to make your experience more relevant based on data we have acquired about you as a Buyer, your viewing preferences, and metrics about how well our Services are performing. Profiling is what this is. To develop personalized content suggestions, such as suggested products that appear in marketing emails or online when you visit our sites, we segment visitors by applying selection criteria and business rules using software code (and algorithms). Please email us at email@example.com if you would prefer not to receive tailored information.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- Be informed if your User Information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing and be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared;
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information.
- Right to Rectification of the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected;
- Request Deletion of your User Information from us under certain circumstances when User Information is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdraw, or the User Information has been unlawfully processed. Note that if your information is deleted, then your User Account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your User Account, you will no longer be able to use the Services. If you would like to close your User Account in our system, you can do so by contacting us on info@sustainability kiosk.com
- Request Restriction of our processing of your User Information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent or the User Information is being corrected, in which case, you have the right to ask for a temporary halt to the processing of User Information; and
- Request data portability and receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling where you have a right to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Please contact us for more information or submit a request regarding your User Information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our services include links to other websites, such as the Supplier Profiles, which are not under our control or ownership. You will be taken to a third party’s website if you choose to click on one of their links. Please be advised that we have no control over these third parties’ privacy practices. The fact that we link to a website does not imply that we support, approve of, or are affiliated with the owner of that domain or that website’s privacy or information security policies or practices. We have no control over websites run by third parties. These additional websites might set their own cookies or other files on your computer, gather information, or ask you for Personal Information. Read the privacy policies or statements on the other websites you visit, as we strongly advise you to do.
Security is important to us. We pledge to protect you (and us) from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration of, disclosure of, or destruction of User Information that we may retain, even though we are unable to guarantee that your data will always be secure.
- We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- We maintain commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Information in its control and custody.
- We treat User Information as the confidential and proprietary information of Sustainability Kiosk User, subject to the Terms, and no such User Information may be shared with any other User, including but not limited to sharing with other Users the commercial dealings of Buyers and Suppliers.
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical, logical and organizational security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems and data stores.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your User Information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and the Site and Services cannot be guaranteed; and
any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts
We reserve the right to take reasonable appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation, reporting, notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities, in the event that we learn that the security of the Site and Services has been compromised or User Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud. If we feel there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if disclosure is otherwise required by law, we shall make reasonable attempts to notify the affected individuals. You’ll receive an email when we do.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF USER INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to third party data processers to be processed and stored at a location outside of the United Arab Emirates to a country that may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Please be aware that such countries which are outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) may not have the same level of data protection as those in the ‘EEA’ however our collection, storage and use of your User Information will continue to be governed by this Policy. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely, in accordance with this Policy, and will only transfer your User Information to other countries by ensuring that transfers are protected by appropriate contractual commitments.
You have the right to request more information about the safeguards we have put in place. Please contact the Data Protection Officer.
CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
We reserve the right to update this Policy or the Terms governing the Site and Services at any time, and we’ll let you know if there are any significant changes to how we handle user information. We will update the date at the bottom of this page when we do so. In our sole discretion, we may also give you notice via other channels, such as contact details you have supplied. Unless otherwise stated, any modification to this policy will take effect as soon as it is posted. Your continued use of the Site and Services after the updated Policy’s effective date (or any other action stated at that time) will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. However, we won’t use your user information in a way that materially differs from how it was intended to be used without your permission.
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and that you accept all of its guidelines. You consent to being bound by this Policy by accessing and using the Services. You are not permitted to access or use the Services if you do not agree to adhere by the terms of this Policy.
This document was last updated on 10th October, 2022