In the episode, we speak to Samuel Njoroge, Cluster Quality Assurance Manager from JA Resorts and Hotels. This is a home grown brand which continues to make great progress in their sustainable journey. Jebel Ali Golf Resort, United Arab Emirates started in 1981, is now rebranded or known as JA The Resort, Jebel Ali Beach, Dubai with three unique hotels. They were awarded by Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) as the Most Sustainable 5 Star Resort in Dubai.
As a hotelier, be prepared to ponder on two thoughtful questions from the episode:
- For hotels in UAE, Are you ready for Cop28?
- What is your sustainability story? If you don’t have one, then ask yourself why not?
Also, some of the conclusive thoughts from the session are:
- If you have supportive owners, leverage it for sustainable tomorrow
- Don’t underestimate the revenue/rebate potential from hotel waste. Is this something you could use to incentivise your green team/ideas?
- Sustainability is about SOCIAL ROI, look beyond numbers. Ask yourself the question – Are you doing the right thing?