EcoHotels.com, recently reached a milestone to showcase more than 20.000 eco-certified hotels in over 160 countries!
Great milestone, and great timing to interview Patricia Plesner on this occasion as they cross the milestone and look forward to 24-36 months journey for EcoHotels.com. EcoHotels was founded in 2020, as a responsible and sustainable alternative to the large and dominant online travel agencies (OTAs), to operate on low commissions (10 pct only) and retain the passion for sustainability. Fondly referred to as the “A booking site with a heart!”
Two aspects worthy a mention about the booking site:
- They truly are a force for good, for instance, for every one booking, a tree is planted which is unique to booking site. Additionally they have partnered with “Plastic Exchange Bali” where communities can exchange plastic for rice.
- One booking is equal to one tree planted which is unique to the booking site.
In the episode we talk about:
- Patricia’s journey in the last 24 months, the challenges, the opportunities.
- How do you get to list your hotel on the distribution platform?
- What are the next steps in the journey for 24- 36th months? With so many choices and limited resources, it really is intriguing to hear the mind of an entrepreneur
- What is the profile of customers booking on the site
Continue to share your feedback with email@example.com as I would love to hear your thoughts on the podcast / episodes we cover. Thank you for listening in.